Jan 11, 2011
Restore is Seeking Visual Creative and Gallery Installation Team Volunteers
We're seeking to form a dedicated team of visual creatives and designers that can help us create pieces to tell the real stories of our clients, the issue of international sex-trafficking in NYC, and the vision of hope and freedom that Restore is offering. Our first goal is to create and curate installation, art and video pieces to be displayed for our March 24 freedom gala.
The work of this team would shape the experience for the attendees. We were inspired by some art pieces on display at the MoMA and New Museum and want to create similar narrative pieces for the gala. The gala is our high-end event fundraiser with a full program. We are immediately looking to form a dedicated team with strong skillsets and complementary skillsets to create pieces in the next two months. This would be a minimum commitment of 3 hours a week, the bulk of which you would be working independently following creative direction. You should have some availability select Sunday, Monday or Tuesday evenings for a few tbd meetings. Our first creative briefing meeting is Tues, Jan 18th. The team will be led by creative director Greg Wong.
We are looking a mix of the following:
- graphic designers, mixed media illustrators
- print newspaper research help (to search for newspaper clippings on NYC trafficking)
- strong hand typographers
- motion graphics designers to create short video pieces
- experience designers
- gallery production and execution help
We are particularly looking to craft and interpret clippings that can be found in printed newspapers and visual interpretations of our clients life stories.
To apply, please provide the following:
- your portfolio urls or the best visual and conceptual examples of your work
- resume highlighting your relevant experience and education
- any information about what you can uniquely offer
- your available time you can devote to the Restore project on a weekly basis through March 24 (let us know your weekly capacity for time and what nights you could be available for meetings) We will be selecting up to 6 volunteers on a rolling basis through the week based on the fit of portfolio strength and a complementary mix for the team.
If you are not a fit for the short term work, we will consider you for future creative assignments. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
UPDATE: here's the Restore Freedom Gala creative brief with content references.